Sunday 19 October 2008

The beginning of the journey!

Hi!
The name's Bridget, eighteen years old and full of life despite my situation. Unfortunately on the 7th October 2008, I was diagnosed with Leukaemia. The initial shock was difficult to handle but it's got so much easier in a short period of time. On the 8th I was admitted to the UCLH ( University College London Hospital ), on the teenage cancer ward. I have to mention how lovely the place is and how nice the staff are! Really made me feel safe and in good hands. My chemotherapy has started but luckily I don't seem to be feeling too ill with it. On the 17th, I came back home in the evening. Was strange leaving the hospital because it had got me into such a routine but it's so good to be back with my family. I don't have to visit there again until the 24th, which is this coming Friday. Even then, it'll only be for an hour or so while they give me some more chemotherapy. After that, it'll be straight back home again!
Seeing as my hair is likely to completely fall out during treatment, I got it cut yesterday. It's not dramatically short but it ends just above my shoulders. I never thought I could manage a shortish style but I really love it now! :)
I've rambled enough for now so I'll be off, though I might update again later as one post is hardly much so far.
~Bridget~

No comments: